8 May 2011

kia's essential guide to: mascara

Can you tell which mascara cost 16.50 and which one cost 1.99?
My face feels naked without a coat of mascara. There are so many mascara's available & it can be an absolute chore finding the perfect one.


The main difference between mascara's is their brush. You can buy fat ones, thin ones, little ones, curved ones, rotating ones, soft ones & thick ones.




Some also claim to have special formulas, for example.....

Bourjois Volume clubbing - 
"waterproof formula is 
enriched with vinyl for an intense look
that won’t budge all evening."
Black unlimited 41
Bourjois Elastic Mascara -
"Enriched with hevea from the rubber tree"
Volume Flash x 10 Extreme Black
Rimmel Volume Flash x10 - 
"Next generation ‘Quick-Bond’ lash inflating formula with unique gel texture"

I think the main thing to look for in a mascara is the type of brush it has, Mascara's with hard bristles are going to separate the lashes. Curved brushes will help to curl eyelashes. Think about what you want you eyelashes to look like, do you want them to look thicker? curlier? longer? 

benefit badgal lash is the most expensive mascara I own, However my favourite one is natural collections lash length, second on the right. 

Do you have any tips and tricks when it comes to buying mascara?

12 comments:

  1. heya would love it if you had a look at my blog
    nicola-bw@blogspot.com
    just wrote a bit about make up and mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use bourjours elastic mascara!
    It's good if longer eyelashes is your priority over thickness and curliness :)
    Teenage Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Very informative :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what mascara I buy. It still seems to run under my eyes,after a few hours so think I will try the bourjois volume clubbing one now. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was useful! I don't have many tips on buying mascara, I generally only ever own one at a time. But, with anything, I like to look for reviews online first before I buy something. I've been happy that way, so it's not a bad tip, I guess!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get natural collection - I think its just the easiest option, but I wanna start going for thicker lashes and not curlier lashes now
    also I hate using natural collection for the first couple of times - takes ages to put on :( x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for all the comments on this post :) i'm hoping to do a foundation guide next! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Wild Curls by No.17 and though the brush dosn't look too good it does work and is waterproof as long as you dont rub your eyelashes while there wet, Also can be slightly difficult to put on. Would recomend to a friend as it curls really well!!! Hope this helps!!! :)Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. number 1 fan ok maybe just exaggerating a bit....17 April 2012 at 18:24

    like that ulike natural colelction mascara cheapest but the best!!!!
    saw u in shout page was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, hi :) i really like natural collection - they do some great products!

      Delete
  10. yes still no one fan...17 April 2012 at 18:25

    Natural collection wooohooo love the tinted mositriniser

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a really useful article for me, i love natural collection but i haven't yet tried there mascara, i'll be sure too now! my favourite brand for mascara is bourjois, my favourite type of wand is definitely the stiff rubber wands that separate the lashes. I just wrote a review on a maybelline mascara, check it out if you're looking for a great mascara - http://www.beautybystella.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig