20 June 2011

pale or tanned?


Now the weather is very  VERY slowly starting to warm up, we can no longer hide behind our jumpers and tights. The stress of having a perfectly toned and tanned body is starting to set in.This summer I am debating, Too tan or not too tan? 

This picture of me was taken last week (sorry about the pose!), When I first saw this photo I instantly cringed at the natural colour of my legs and headed for my bathroom to fetch some fake tan. 

But it got me thinking, should I Embrace my pale skin? After all it's so much effort fake tanning! On average we spend 680 hours of our lives fake tanning - July Cosmo Uk. However There are some good things about fake tan, it's a lot healthier than a real tan & they can also moisturise the skin. So if you do like the bronzed look opt for fake tans that contain SPF. 
Au natural 
JLo's glow...


 





Is pale the new tan?

7 comments:

  1. i'm more of a tan girl myself - although have never used fake tan in my life! But I definitely think you should embrace it! If i were pale i think i would :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tanned naturally, but I've actually somehow been spending less time out in the middle of the day lately, so at the moment I'm quite pale - for me! I'm definitely embracing it, but I do think that come Summer (I'm in Australia!) I'll be opting for a bit of colour.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can embrace it you should embrace it! I'm not too pale but I'm definitely not tanned. I just hope that there will be some sun this summer, because fake tan requires more effort than sun bathing!
    Teenage Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow j-lo's glow looks horrid :P you should be proud of your skin without having to fake tan it:) there's nothing wrong with being pale, i never really understood the fake tan thing! embrace yourself! lovely blog, following :) ronan x

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, J-Lo looks grim all bronzed up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to tan and now I'm like...naaaaaaaah! I'm pale and I'm that way! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very pale, but sometimes I will used a moisturiser with a hint of tan on my legs to take the edge of the bright white skin but I dont think I would go for a full fake tan.

    letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig