5 May 2014

I Hate Every Foundation I Have Ever Owned

Foundation shopping is hard. Really hard. I find a foundation, try it for a few weeks and become convinced I've found 'the one' only to find out after a while I've discovered it's flaws and become disheartened with its performance. Before you know it, I am back down the make up aisle of Boots once again looking for a newer, even better replacement. The most recent break-up was with the Maybelliene Better Skin foundation which I'm still umming and arrring about.

There have been many hopefuls but I just can't commit to repurchasing. What if there is something better out there - that's the question that's always on my mind. Maybe I should try this new one/this one on offer/this one because it looks pretty.

I don't know why I'm so fussy. If you've found that foundation you're going to spend the rest of your life with I admire your commitment and bravery. I'd love to know which one you really love, if you don't mind sharing. 

Will I ever be satisfied by one foundation? The hunt continues...

8 comments:

  1. One that I keep on going back to is Bourjois Healthy Mix although I'm currently trialling their Radiance version. Its light weight on the skin and the coverage can be built up. I use it with foundations that I don't like due to the colour match or the formula ie Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which I absolutely hate! However the two together are quite literally a dream team as it creates the perfect dewy base with medium-ish coverage :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foundation shopping is horrible - if you buy the wrong one, you're stuck with it! I still haven't forgiven Max Factor for discontinuing my favourite foundation (Smooth Effect!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. I have foundations I love, love, love for use on other people but for myself, on the go, in the morning? Not found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not alone. I find myself constantly hunting and reading never ending amounts of reviews on the latest foundations. I'm starting to think my skin just doesn't like foundation. The lasting power, the shades available, the coverage. Oh if I had the money and a team of experts I would create the perfect foundation for my skin type and tone

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    http://www.peachpowxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. loreal true match is the only one i've repurchased. just got a few new ones though

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite foundation is L'Oreal's Lumi. It has the most beautiful finish...not quite dewy but not matte either. It's the most natural looking foundation I'm tried.

    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. bourjois healthy mix serum !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like to chop and change my foundation. like playing the makeup field. never commit to one

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig