Hayfever sucks. I pretty much get it all year round but it's especially bad in the summer months. So for all you fellow hayfever sufferers out there I have some really helpful make up tips to get you through all the sneezing.
1. Start off by preparing yourself for that pesky pollen. I use eye drops in the morning to stop them getting itchy and irritated. You can buy eye drops specially for hayfever such as the Opticrom Hayfever Eye Drops.
2. Prep the skin with a primer like the Revlon Photo Ready Primer. Layer on top the Revlon ColourStay Foundation for a long lasting base that won't budge all day. Make sure when applying foundation that you don't go right up to the lash line as will avoid irritating the eyes further.
3. For concealer, opt for a yellow based shade as it will help counteract any redness around the eyes and nose. I like the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer as it doesn't look cakey on.
4. Next apply a creamy blusher. This is a better option over powder blush if you get watery eyes. Powder based formulas tend not to stay put as well if eyes are running. This bright pink one from KIKO is gorgeous and gives the skin a healthy flush.
5. If you're an eye liner wearer the newest addition to my make up collection is A-mazing! The Seventeen Tattoo Me liquid liner is a semi-permanent which really does not budge. Great if you have itchy eyes as you don't have to worry about rubbing them.
6. It's also important to go for a waterproof mascara like the Collection Does it All Waterproof mascara. Just apply it to the top lashes as it can irritate the eyes if you put it on the bottom lashes.
7. Finish with a lip product of your choice. I've gone for the Tanya Burr lip gloss in 'Let's Travel The World' which is a coral-red, perfect for summer!
There you have it - a simple, waterproof make up look with a few tips for hayfever sufferers. Here is a really useful video with make up artist Aimee Adams on how to achieve a waterproof summer make up look.