10 June 2014

Is This a Dupe For By Terry Ombre Blackstar?

I'm a sucker for a highstreet dupe. After hearing Lily and Anna rave on about the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar I immediately added it to my mental wishlist. Then after heading onto the SpaceNK website to find out they are priced at £28 a pop my love for them lessened.

Not one to give up I marched to Boots in search for a Ombre Blackstar highstreet dupe. I was meet with the Max Factor Flipsticks which are a double ended eyeshadow stick. I wasn't too impressed with the pigmentation of these but the Revlon ColourStay Shadow Sticks were better versions with more colour pay-off but still quite different from what I was looking for. The new Seventeen EyeEye crayons look like a good budget buy. They are waterproof shadow sticks which are smooth to apply and come in 4 shades. The winner for me though were the No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define Liners.These creamy sticks are really easy to use and come in 8 wearable shades. The two I have are Black Shimmer and Gunmetal Grey. You can use these all over the lid or the tip point makes it a great eyeliner. The more natural shades in the range would be good for highlighting and using in the corners of the eyes. The formula for these are impressively long-lasting and smudge-proof.

No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define £8.00 available from Boots. 

I've got my eye on a few other shades from the range, are you a fan of these stick style eyeshadows?

8 comments:

  1. I saw these were great dupes as I've wanted the ombré black stars for ages!!
    http://missbeccabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get one of these beauties instead! X

      Delete
  2. I wanted to pick up the ByTerry Ombre Blackstars too until I saw the price! £8.00 is way more reasonable and I'll definitely be heading to Boots to pick one of these up. Thanks for sharing! xo

    www.seekmyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can get 3 of these for the price of one By Terry! X

      Delete
  3. I have this in one of the lighter shades... Cool Mink I think it's called, or something like that! I've also read that there are some Barbara Daly ones that are meant to be a good budget dupe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to look for the Barbara Daly ones, thanks :) x

      Delete
  4. These are both really nice. Love your blog

    Gaby x

    http://theglamdottylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first encounter with this brand was when I read about their brushes at "The Sunday Girl" blog .. Never knew they had eyeliners .. Great post Xx
    www.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig