6 July 2014

Do You Really Want A Successful Blog?

Googling 'Do you really want a successful blog'? and I'm greeted with 134 million pages on how to get a successful blog, how to gain more followers, tips on making an income but no one is talking about the consequences of having a successful blog.

Having a successful blog is a great achievement and every bit deserved. But what is often forgotten is the overwhelming responsibility that comes with being a successful blogger.

With success comes hate, it's really awful that this is a given factor. I remember Sandra from TheBlackPearlBlog saying that after reaching the 1000 followers milestone she noticed she started to get horrible comments about her appearance. I guess with success brings jealousy. There are a few hugely popular bloggers that come to mind when talking about this topic. I know of a blogger/vlogger who has had viewers knocking on her door - isn't that crazy? When did bloggers become so big?

I try to put myself in their shoes and imagine how I would deal with being recognised daily, getting fan mail and having people obsessed with you. It honestly scares me and it's a level of success I don't think I'd be comfortable with. A lot of what I'm talking about does relate to Youtubers more than bloggers but these people often start off as bloggers.

Maybe blogging is generational? It's seems that writing a blog has become the norm; and if you're not writing a blog, no doubt you're reading them. What is clear is that the community is growing bigger every single day - are you ready for it?

Want do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

9 comments:

  1. I completely agree, frankly I think it's pretty creepy how obsessed over some Youtubers are and it makes me cringe seeing the comments and stuff they get from superfans. I think most of them are quite young girls - have you seen all the screaming fans they get mobbed by at events!? I can't remember ever being anywhere near that obsessed with someone as a teen!
    As for the hatred, it's a sad price to pay for fame. Personally I have no desire to be famous at all - I just want people to read and enjoy my content.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people get too hung up on wanting to run a 'successful blog' rather than just doing it because they love it. I think it's great that you've highlighted some of the consequences! I definitely don't know how the likes of Zoella and the other 'famous' YouTubers cope with their fandoms. Obviously it would be flattering but you wouldn't want people turning up at your house or screaming at you in the street...well I certainly wouldn't anyway! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'm confident enough or thick skinned enough to do YouTube on a low level let alone anything else! I'd love to be successful for my writing content though xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops at my typo in the tweet hhah!
    xx
    http://www.bloglovin.com/dreamsofnewyork

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually used to YouTube 5 years ago, one of my videos went viral and BAM a load of really nasty/personal comments came my way. I've started again now I'm older and better to deal with it. I've always said it's not about numbers to me, It's just whether people enjoy reading my blog. As I said in my tweet, I'd rather have a few people who love my blog than 10000s who are just following because it's popular!

    Becky xxx // www.geekgetsglam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh The jealous internet trolls . I don't understand how people can be so nasty !. I think people are becoming very obsessive in the blogging/youtubing community. They need to understand that they are normal people :)

    Cait || http://caitrionatighe.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was too real it left me speechless. I don't have much of a social life in the real world, but blogging makes up for it every bit. I never thought about people becoming obsessive over you.

    www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an interesting point that I think many don't consider. To be honest that's why I'm very careful about the hiding the location on my photos and not showing my children's faces because I don't want them exposed to any sort of negativity and there are some very odd people out there xx

    Meet Me On My Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I frankly think I could take the negativity. I've had my content stolen before even though I'm by far not popular and people have been bullying me for my appearance all my life until the last two years. I can deal with it, my skin has become fairly thick by now.
    I would love to be successful and maybe one day I am, who knows. :)
    Elina | Cupcake Kisses

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig