18 August 2014

10 Ways To Get More Blog Comments

1. Comment on other similar blogs. Don't just leave 'nice post' comments, leave a good comment. Refer to a particular quote, ask a question or share your experience.
2. Respond to comments, this will help encourage conversation.
3. Remove word verification. It's just annoying and puts people off. If you want to stop spam comments you can moderate them. This option isn't ideal either but I have to do it as I get so many spam comments.
4. Ask a question at the end of your post.
5. Reward regular commenters by creating a blog roll of your favourite blogs and top commenters.
6. Respond to a comment by writing a post. Did someone ask you your thoughts on a product they saw in a beauty haul? Write a review for them instead of replying to the comment.
7. Leave comments on the blogs of your commenters.
8. If someone goes out of their way to write you a long, meaningful comment thank them by email.
9. Create content which evokes a response. Maybe you're talking about a sensitive or controversial topic which will make people share their thoughts.
10. For the last tip I want you to let me know what you do to help get more comments.

Other blogging tip posts you might find helpful:
22 Blog Post Ideas
Blogging Tips For New Bloggers

13 comments:

  1. You always post great things about blogging. It helps me to be a better blogger I think xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay glad to hear it! If there's anything in particular you'd like me to blog about just let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent tips. I feel bad for it but when someone writes something like "love your blog, check out mine" and it's the only time they comment, it's pretty obvious that they are just spamming for new readers. I rarely follow through the link. Haha and I agree about those "are you a robot" verification things. I always get random words like Spinach Hairspray - sometimes good for a laugh :)

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes deleted those meaningless comments! I like the rude verification words, always makes me giggle!

      Delete
  3. These are such brilliant tips, I am terrible at commenting on other peoples posts as I read on blogger and everytime you comment it gets rid of the bar! I must start more. Xx

    Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm guilty of this too as I mainly read in Bloglovin and it doesn't publish the comment I've written!

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I do all of these things already and I would recommend all these tips!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips Kia! Totally agree with you when it comes to leaving meaningful comments. If you're just after writing 'Great Post' and leave your link it totally just looks like you haven't even bothered to read the post you're commenting on (probably because you haven't - haha). Loving the blogging tips series - super helpful!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace :) let me know if there is anything specific you'd like me to cover in this series!

      Delete
  6. this was genuinely very helpful! other tips i would include is to have good photos as that always encourages more readers and to involve people more through giveaways etc! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giveaway is a good idea, always encourages comments!

      Delete
  7. 3 is so, so, SO important! I can't believe some people still uses captcha when they are tons of other verification options around! x

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig