25 August 2014

I Love Lip Crayons

I love lip crayons and as you can tell from the photo I love them a little too much. I'm starting to prefer them over lipstick I'm one Revlon Lacquer Balm away from a pencil case. They are so easy and effortless, plus anything that can be applied sans mirror is a winner for me. Here's a run down of my favourite lip crayon brands.

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon £8.00
A super hydrating and non greasy balm. This has SPF 15 and a waterproof finish so best for summer holidays!
Rimmel Colour Rush Balm £5.99
A whooping 12 different shades are available in these so hopefully something for everyone. These feel very light and moisturising on the lips. Slightly cheaper then the Revlon version but not as long lasting.
Revlon ColourBurst Lacquer Balm £7.99
A nourishing balm with a high shine finish. The shea, mango and coconut butter formula makes these really hydrating. I find these very long lasting and eventually fade to leave a subtle stain. Worth noting these have a minty scent.
Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm £7.99
Finally a matte lip product that doesn't leave you with a prune-pout. This magic little pencil has a completely matte finish but a balmy-like texture - yep magic. My favourite shade is 'Elusive Insaisissable' which is a matte, nudish pink and makes me feel like Bridget Bardott.
Collection Work The Colour Lip Butters* £2.99 
A budget friendly version for those wanting to try the whole lip-crayon-balm-pencil-thing trend. The only downside to these is that they only come in four shades. Come on collection, I wanna see a red in there. Read my full review of these here.

Are you lip crayon crazy too? Share your favourites below! 

5 comments:

  1. I bought my first couple of lip crayons the other week and I love them! I get secret sense of satisfaction when I pull one out to reapply at uni, because I'm all like, "Look, I've pulled out a piece of stationary -- LOOK, PUTTIN' IT ON MY LIPS." Mine are by CoverGirl, which I know the UK doesn't get, but I know that Max Factor have something similar -- not sure what the cost is like, though!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lip crayons I'm not sure why but there's just something more easy/wearable about them. I love the Bourjois ones to Plum Russian is one of my faves. I also recently got one of the Clinique ones and I love it the formula is just perfect xx

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! So easy to use I like the revlon ones best. I've tried a few of the higher brands thanks to birchbox but I still prefer revlon to even my tarte lip pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only recently fallen in love with lipsticks so I have never tried a lip crayon, but you have definitely inspired me to grab one next time I'm in town!!

    Fae | SodaBerries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, great collection. Im always drawn to these easy kind of products. Love the Clinique chubby sticks.

    dontcrycowboy

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig