21 September 2014

The Beauty Tasks I Hate Doing

beauty tasks i hate doing
As much as I love makeup, skincare, haircare etc... there are some jobs I dread doing. Actually, there are quite a lot. For a beauty blogger I'm pretty lazy when it comes to beauty things. I've managed to narrow it down to my top 5 worst beauty jobs.

Shaving
If I were prime minister I would pass a law that stated women should have hairy legs. Yep, I just said that. I'm so lazy when it comes to shaving and often opt for jeans instead of a dress just so I don't have to shave my legs. It's so time consuming and doesn't last long. And don't even get me started on the price of razors.
Nail Painting
Some people find painting nails relaxing, I'm not one of those people. It's mainly to do with the fact I can't paint my nails without getting it all over my skin. Plus I hate it when you smudge it after spending so long trying to perfect it. Sometimes if I'm feeling really lazy I'll just paint on top of the varnish I'm already wearing, sssh.
Moisturising
I wish I was that kinda person who moisturised their body everyday. I have pots of moisturiser dotted all over my house to prompt me but I just want to get in my Pjs and not faff about with body lotion. If you're like me I wrote 'A Lazy Girl's Guide To Moisturising' here.
Blow Drying
Fellow thick-haired girls will get me on this one. I haven't blow dried my hair in 3 years because it takes SO long. I just let it dry naturally which takes 2/3 hours but at least I don't get arm ache.
Makeup Brush Washing
"I wash my makeup brushes every week" is a white lie I tell people if they ask me how often. Truthfully It's about once a month or sometimes when they become unusable. It's not a fun task and I'd much rather be doing something else, like buying more makeup.

Well I'm definitely going to beauty jail. A special mention also goes to plucking, winged liner and fake tanning.

11 comments:

  1. Haha love this, all so true! I'm with you on shaving, can it just be in fashion for us all to have hairy legs please? I just haven't got the time or patience! I'm not one that finds painting my nails enjoyable either, I put it off for way too long x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I definitely relate with the nail-painting thing, the whole process of taking the last lot off, putting new on, waiting for it to dry etc is even more annoying when it smudges or chips within a day! I'm also really lazy when it comes to moisturising my body and some people would be mortified with how little I clean my makeup brushes.. whoops!

    lbakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with all of your points! Washing my brushes is by far the most annoying thing for me!

    Dina│Cardiff Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post, I totally agree with most of it! Off I go to check your Lazy Girl's Guide to Moisturising!

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! I hate washing my brushes too, I put it off for as long as I can!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate blow dry my hair :(.
    www.anaviglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100% correct! I'll go to pull out a summery dress but then I think, "Eugh, I have to shave..." so back in it goes and out come the jeans, even in the blistering heat. I used to hate the feel of nail polish on my nails, so I could never wear it -- the only real reason I do now is because my nails are absolutely dreadful. Moisturising is another one -- I'm trying to get into a better routine but it's not happening. Blowdrying my own hair... I don't think I've done that in a decade or so, maybe longer! It's just so much work, there's just no way I can be bothered. And while I do tend to quickly spritz my shadow brushes with an instant cleaner before I use them (because I don't have many), I don't often deep clean them. Same goes for powder and foundation brushes. It's so much work and I just don't have the time right now to dedicate an hour or two to properly clean them all.

    Looks like I'll be joining you in prison!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with your list :) I haaaaaate shaving - it is such a chore! I wear tights on days I cant be bothered to get my razor out. Another reason why winter is fabulous! :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makeup brush washing is my worst! (Only because I don't even count not blow drying as an issue - I just say its good for my hair anyway and move on!)

    http://fashionandfrappes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I always smudge my nails as well, and I hate blow drying my hair. Not because it takes too long, I just can't get it to look right haha xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Washing make up bridge is the one that gets me. Hate it! xx

    www.meetmeonmysofa.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig