23 October 2014

5 Mini Reviews

Alchemy Grapefruit Hair Remedy* £17.99
I'm a huge fan of oils. Face, hair,body, nail - any kind of oil will do. This hair oil is a cocktail of 5 oils designed to improve the condition of and strengthen your hair from within. I tried massaging this into dry hair before washing out and also used it on the tips of damp hair. After both methods my hair was left feeling heavy and slightly greasy looking. I found this just too oily for my hair which is a shame as it smells lovely!
Dove Intensive Care Leave-In Conditioner Spray £3.59
I have naturally quite dry hair so I have to use something after washing to keep it hydrated. To apply this you spray over damp hair or use it on dry hair for an instant, healthy boost. The spray leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and less frizzy. This sprays out in a light mist so would work well for those with fine hair. It also makes my hair smell beautiful, always a bonus.
Maybelline Brow Gel 'Dark Blonde' £4.99
My brows have a mind of their own. If I didn't use brow gel I'd end up looking like Hagrid. This tinted gel comes in three different shades, I have the shade 'Dark Blonde' which isn't overly pigmented. The product looks natural once applied but I had trouble using the big brush. The wand has a ball on the end making it difficult to use on the ends of my brows. I get on better with a more traditional style wand so I don't think I'd repurchase this.
Roger&Gallet Body Sorbet* £14.00
The new hydrating sorbet body lotions from Roger&Gallet are perfect for the drying,colder months. Available in 4 different fragrances; I have Gingembre which helps to firm the skin and also stimulate the mind. The lotion has a very light, almost water-like texture which melts into the skin quickly without leaving a greasy film. Skin is hydrated for up to 24 hours and left deliciously perfumed.
Sali Hughes: Pretty Honest hardback* £22.00 
I love a good beauty book but this one is different to anything I've read before. You won't find unachievable makeup tutorials, outdated tips or over-photoshopped models here. Pretty Honest is  full of smart, practical advice for real women. It's funny too, I love Sali's honesty and straight talk. There's no beauty bullsh*t in here. Chapter's include - 'To Wax or Not To Wax', 'Teen Beauty' and 'Saving The Best For Now'. A really interesting read for anyone obsessed with beauty. This would make a great Christmas gift and I've seen it a bit cheaper on Amazon here.

Have you tried any of these products?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really intrigued by this book! Everyone rates it really highly, so I think I should add it to my wishlist xx

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig