14 October 2014

Autumn/Winter 2014 Nail Varnish Trends

autumn winter 2014 nail trends
(l-r Collection 'Poison My Ivy', 'Daredevil', Maybelline 'Bare It All', Essie 'Mind Your Mittens', OPI 'Metallic For Life', L'oreal '617', Collection 'Gold finger' and 'Silver Moon')

When I think of autumnal tones I imagine greys, navy skies, mossy greens and dusty reds. The A/W catwalks were full of these classic wintry shades and beauty brands have launched a smorgasbord of nail varnish shades for us to ogle at. Here's my serving of my Autumn mani must-haves:

Collection Hero Nail Varnish Range
The latest additions to the Collection Lasting Finish range definitely have an Autumnal look to them. The wide brushes make for a super speedy manicure and the gel finish gives a brilliant shine. The new Hero range includes 'Gold Finger' a dark green gold, 'Poison My Ivy' a dark forest green, 'In The Shadows' a deep grey shade and 'Daredevil' a 90's red with a hint of brown. These kind of shades ooze Halloween too, which one should I go for?
Maybelline Colour Show Stripped Nudes in Bare It All
If you're not into dark tips, nude nail were seen at Ellie Saab. Natural looking nails look so clean, elegant and sophisticated - perfect for those I-have-no-idea-what-colour-to-paint-my-nails days. 'Bare It All' from the Stripped Nude collection is a beige-y grey shade similar to Barry M 'Lychee'. Just 2 coats are need for full opaqueness.
Essie in Mind Your Mittens
Almost black nail polishes are an great alternative if you didn't want to rock black nails. 'Mind Your Mittens' is a dark teal shade with a hint of black, it looks almost grey on.
OPI Metallic For Life
Metallic nails were seen on catwalks such as Libertine and Badgley Mischka. They always look great on nails during the party season. I recommend getting a metallic topcoat so you can jazz up your existing polishes. 'Metallic For Life' consists of chunks of silver, black and white glitter - it looks amazing on it's own layered with 3 coats.
Collection Galactica in Silver Moon
If you want to try the metallic trend but hate glitter polishes go for something like this from Collection. The silver polish gives tin foil-esque nails. These polishes are perfect for trying out new beauty trends on a budget. I reviewed the new range here.
L'oreal Colour Riche in 617
Grey nails look great in the winter especially with your new fluffy white Zara jumper. There is something very chic about grey nails, I love '617' from L'oreal which is a pale grey shade.

What colours will you be opting for this A/W?


Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win 1 of 5 limited edition Dove totes!

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of Mind your Mittens, such a pretty colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig