1 October 2014

Battle Of The Face Wipes

best face wipes
I know using face wipes to clean your skin with is breaking beauty blogger rule #19. Face wipes are ok, sometimes. I wouldn't use them everyday and they aren't an alternative for cleansing your skin. Face wipes are good for festivals, taking off stubborn makeup before cleansing and at 3am in the morning. Plus, I find it secretly satisfying to see all my makeup come off onto the white wipes.

Best Natural Option: Burts Bees Cleansing Towlettes £5.99
Infused with White Tea Extract, Aloe Leaf Juice and Cucumber Extract these wipes are made to cleanse and calm your skin naturally. These are nice to use even if you haven't been wearing makeup as they are designed to get rid of oil & dirt too. The plastic lid helps stop the wipes from drying out. It's worth noting these have a White Tea scent to them, I don't particularly mind the smell but Burt's Bees also have a sensitive version if you do.

Best Budget Buy: Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Wipes £2.99
These gentle, alcohol free wipes are great for those with sensitive skin. Although not the best for removing waterproof makeup, my skin is left feeling clean and refreshed after use. I like to take these away with me if I'm camping as they help to wake me up in the morning. There is no dryness and I love how affordable the Nivea wipes are.

Best At Removing Waterproof Makeup: No7 Facial Wipes £7.00
These are my go-to wipes for removing stubborn eye makeup, I couldn't tell you how many times I've re-purchased these. Sometimes, if I've worn heavy makeup i'll use one of these to take it off before properly cleansing. They are hypo-allergenic so great for sensitive skin gals. The only downside to these wipes is that they aren't cheap. I do try to stock up on them when the £5 off vouchers are out. 

Best Cleansing Wipes: Manuka Doctor ApiClear 3in1 Purifying Facial wipes £3.49
A cleanser, toner and moisturiser all in one simple swipe! These contain anti-bacterial Manuka Oil which helps to soothe and balance skin. Great if you're in a rush or feel bad about using face wipes on your skin. The wipes do feel a little astringent in a non-drying, pleasant way. Maybe too harsh if you suffer from sensitive skin though. 

Don't hate me, I sometimes use face wipes. #sorrynotsorry

4 comments:

  1. I use makeup wipes sometimes too, can't lie! Sometimes I come home from work at something like 10pm or 10.30pm and the last thing I can be bothered doing is going through the rigorous process of using x amount of items to take my makeup off. They're the really cheap $2 ones as well, which are probably horrendous for my skin, but the last time I bought expensive ones they did absolutely nothing for me. I misplaced my last lot of wipes, so I've been taking my makeup off with micellar water lately, which probably isn't much better... Anyhow, some of these products do seem really nice, I might have to see if I can find them!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you; they aren't great if you use them everyday but sometimes you have to use them if you're at a festival or for taking makeup off at the gym if you go straight from work.

    My favourite face wipes use to be by Simple and one side was for exfoliating with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations .. and I'll not hate since we are pretty similar :D I use face wipes for the same exact reasons you mentioned above :'D
    makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE baby wipes. They live by my bed for times when I roll in and can't bring myself to move, let alone cleanse. My favourites have always been Johnson's baby wipes bit random, but they're always on offer, SO SOFT and they remove everything. They're also great for getting makeup off clothes/bedspreads/bits of furniture...

    Much love x
    savingxfaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig