27 October 2014

Dry Skin Saviours

I love Autumn but I hate what I does to my skin. The cold weather can wreck havoc on skin, lips, cuticles - you name it, and it's probably dry. I like to switch up my routine to adjust to the new season. Just another excuse to shop really. Here are some beauty products my skin has been drinking up lately.

Avene XeraCalm AD*
Designed for babies, children and adults who suffer from dry, eczema prone skin. The cream is formulated with the ground-breaking biotechnological active ingredient I-modulia®. The ingredient manages to teach the skin to protect itself correctly against allergens and bacterial infections. It helps to greatly reduce itchiness, redness and irritation, as well as repairing and disrupted skin.
Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser
Anything which makes moisturisering easier is already in my good books. This acts like a conditioner for your skin so you apply it after washing with shower gel. Once rinsed off, skin if left feeling silky and hydrated. I can skip using a moisturiser with this which means an extra ten minutes in bed - YES!
Dove Purely Pampering Body Oil*
Using an oil in the winter is a quick way to update your skincare routine. This is the best drugstore oil I've come across and easily rivals those double the price. The pistachio scented oil melts into skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy.
Trilogy Rosehip oil
With the harsher weather my skin needs something with a little more omphf. I like to use an oil as well as a moisturiser and this one from Trilogy does the job nicely. 2-3 drops of this skin-loving oil helps re-nourish my skin and also even skintone.
The Body Shop Almond Lip Butter
Although it's white appearance makes my lips disappear into my face this is a great lip balm. I apply a thick layer before bed and in the morning my lips feel soft and conditioned. The almond scent is a nice upgrade from the usual Vaseline.

What are your dry skin saviours for Winter? 

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Almond Lip Butter, it sounds so nice!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try the avene cream, it sounds great. I found the shower moisturiser a bit of a faff to be honest and didn't find it as moisturising as usual cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love Nivea body lotions- they are great for dry skin!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new body moisturiser. I'm definitely going to take a look at the Dove oil.

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I'm a fan of the Nivea in shower body moisturisers. :) I love using them during the summer! x

    Beauty In My Mind - Beauty Blog UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I keep seeing the Trilogy oil everywhere at the moment, I'm very tempted to try it xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig