15 October 2014

La Roche Posay Effaclar Anti-Blemish System Review

la roche posay effaclar duo system review

La Roche Posay fans listen up, you're gonna want to hear about this. Their cult beauty buy Effaclar Duo is now available in a three step kit for your skincare pleasure. Effaclar Duo+ is the only product I'd tried from the brand so I was intrigued to see how I would get on with the new system. It combines three simple steps designed to combat oily, blemished skin. The kit claims to provide visible results in just 24 hours and significantly clearer-looking skin in 4 weeks. I've been using these products for just over a month now and here's how I got on.

Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser
I tend to avoid foaming cleansers because I read they aren't good for your skin. I haven't had any trouble using this wash which doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or stripped like some can. To use, you wet hands, lather a small amount and massage into skin. It doesn't have a strong scent and is suitable for sensitive skin. The thick gel helps to reduce excess sebum and remove bacteria which may lead to spots. My skin is left super soft after using this and ready to move onto the next step! 
Clarifying Toner
New to the UK and designed to reduce the appearance of pore size and mattify the skin. It's quite hard to tell if this does make my pores appear smaller but my skin looks matt and feels smooth after use. The soothing toner is gentle enough to use twice a day and controls my oily t-zone.
Effaclar Duo+
I've used this product in the past and enjoyed it. I've only been using this on my blemishes and used a separate moisturiser to hydrate the rest on my face. It does help to reduce to appearance of red marks and unclogs pores. Read my full review here.

I'm impressed that all the products are full sized so they should last around 6 weeks. My skin is clearer but my blemishes haven't gone entirely and a few have recently appeared on my chin. I'll continue to use these three products in the hope that it quickly gets rid of any new spots and doesn't cause scarring. I love how affordable La Roche Posay is, especially considering all their products are such high quality. Oily skin gals might want to give this kit a go.

The 3-step regime* is £32.50 and exclusive at Boots here

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post. I have super oily skin so I found this helpful. Thanks xxx

    Laura www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the only person in the world that never got on with Effaclar Duo+! I think it actually did the reverse of what it was meant to do and GAVE me spots... Oh well, you win some, you lose some!

    Jill
    www.alittlesoapbox.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig