6 October 2014

My Go To Beauty Brands

I'm a highstreet girl at heart and there are a selection of brands I make a beeline for when I pop to Boots. Over the years I've tried a whole heap of different products and these brands get my seal of approval. 

Revlon
Lip Butters and the ColorBurst Balm are two of my favourite lipsticks. I get quite dry lips and these are both really hydrating. Revlon was a brand which was introduced to me by my Mum. She recommend the ColourStay foundation (a favourite of mine) and I decided to try out some of their lip product when they launched Lip Butters. Four lip butter and six ColourBurst balms later and I'm hooked.
Rimmel
Rimmel is a brand which reminds me of being in my teens. It was so easy to get hold of and all my friends used it. The first product I tried from them was the Stay Matte Pressed Powder which I used to wear alone as foundation, nice. Now I've think I've tried nearly every product from Rimmel and it's a brand I can trust. I love Rimmel bases including the Stay Matte foundation, Lasting Finish Nude and Wake Me Up. I highly recommend the Kate Moss collection of lipstick as they are great quality and have a wide range of colours.
Collection 
Collection has to be one of my top 3 highstreet brands. My most repurchased makeup item is the Lasting Perfection Concealer. I'm also a huge fan of their new Lip Butter Pencils and their nail varnishes are so reasonably priced. A good brand to go for if you're on a budget.
Bourjois
Another brand which reminds me of my teens. When I think of Bourjois products they all are good quality and don't feel heavy on your face. I've tried all their foundations which I really like, similarly with their concealer. The brand is great for fellow pale people too! The bronzing powder is next on my wishlist.

What are your go to beauty brands?

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Rimmel, I don't think I've found a product of theirs that I don't like. Revlon I'm still a bit iffy on -- I have one of their lip glosses and I really like it, but I'm not very keen on their shadows, they just seem to either have a poor colour payoff or they get all over the place. I haven't heard of Collection before, but we have Bourjois in Australia and I've been slightly hesitant to try it -- not sure why! I think I'll need to track down some reviews and get spending! (...Maybe after my pay comes in.)

    I'm not sure that I have many "go to" brands yet (besides perhaps Rimmel) although I'm constantly checking out Mecca Cosmetica and Kit Cosmetics for new products! Can't seem to take my eyes off the Too Faced stand! Or Soap & Glory for that matter!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Rimmel and Bourjois, I have also developed a love for Seventeen, if you've not checked them out you should have a look!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revlon is definitely my go-to high street brand for lips :)

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // My Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bourjois products are quite hard to find in Canada but this summer I found a drugstore where I can buy them! I still haven't picked up anything from the brand as I didn't what was their most raved about items. I think I might start with their Rouge Velvet and one of their foundations!

    MD | http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of your picks, L'Oreal is probably my favourite brand at the moment!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these brands too! High street has really upped there game recently, mind you along with the price! I adore the rouge velvets! Gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bourjois is definitely one of my favourite brands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bourjois have become a real fave of mine just lately, love love love their rouge edition velvets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree that collection conceler is great; i want to look natural for school so i use it! i really want a matte bronzer and beauty uk have one im thinking of buying, i know they are cheap but i think they arw good?!
    Rosalie x

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig