24 November 2014

Favourite Drugstore Foundations


Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse £5.99
This is a liquid mousse so it has quite a thick texture but still blends into the skin easily and doesn't feel cakey. I have the shade 'Ivory' which is the second lightest and is a tad too dark for my pale skin. It has pink, almost grey undertone to it. I apply this with my RT flat foundation brush to get maximum coverage. This foundation leaves skin looking flawless and does a good job at covering redness and blemishes. The coverage is full/medium, I find I don't need to use concealer for my spots when I use this. I would describe the finish as velvety as it's not completely matte. 
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum £10.99
The gel based formula is light, gives a natural finish and has a subtle radiance to it. I use either shade 51 or 52 both of which have yellow undertones and are perfect for counteracting redness. I like to use a buffing brush to apply this as you can build up coverage easily without it looking cakey. I still need to use a concealer with this but it's good for evening out skintone and adding radiance. I think this would be a good option for those with dry skin or simply as a winter foundation.
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude £8.99
This is a lighter version of the original Lasting Finish Foundation. On the skin this looks very natural whilst offering medium coverage. It conceals minor blemishes but I still need to use concealer for a couple of angry spots. In terms of lasting power - it's good. I can get a good days worth out of it even with numerous public transport journeys. I can't comment on it's 25 hour claims because does anyone actually wear their foundation for over a day? The texture is easy-to-blend and feels like you're wearing nothing on your skin. The finish isn't matte but it's not dewy either. It's a happy medium between the two and feels hydrating. I love that Rimmel have added lighter shades to their foundation range. I'm using the shade 'Ivory' which is the third lightest and is perfect for my pale skin. I definitely think this would be a good foundation for fellow pale people. The SPF 20 is also a bonus. 

Do you have a favourite drugstore foundation? 

4 comments:

  1. I also own the Rimmel Stay Matte-foundation and I love it so much! I think it has a very great cover so I only use it rarely, usually on important occasions when I need to show my best face to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bourjois healthy mix serum, works wonders for me xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These foundations have been on my wishlist for so long actually. Just bought both the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Foundation. Can't wait to try them and the Rimmel ones :)x

    My life as Anu | MAC Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love garnier bb cream for oily skin! I know it's not a foundation but it gives a light feel and pretty good coverage, still need concealer though. I wear it because I hate feeling like I'm wearing makeup, makes me want to claw it off!
    http://sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig