21 November 2014

Liquid Lipstick Must-Haves

best long lasting lipsticks
Liquid lipsticks are nothing new but I reach for them more during the party season because of their extreme longevity. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, these are long-lasting glosses which provide optimum coverage in just one, quick swipe. Once dried down these usually don't budge. Perfect for mince pie-eating, Christmas-kissing and New Year's Eve-partying.

Barry M Loud Mouth Extreme Lip Colour £3.99
You only need a tiny amount of product as a little goes along way. Because of the super pigmentation you really need a mirror to apply these and I found using a lip brush made application easier. The Barry M Loud Mouth Lip Colours are more pigmented than your standard lip gloss; I like to call these lip glosses for grown ups. The staying power is good, they do start to fade after a couple of hours. I'd wear one of these on a night out as they are very loud looking and not for the faint hearted, or for kissing.
A.K.A Lip Gloss £7.00
If you're after a glossy stain that doesn't feel gloopy, look no further. The bud-like applicator makes this quick and easy to apply. The bold colour just needs one coat and lasts around 6-7 hours.
Rimmel Apocalips £5.99
Rimmel can do no wrong when it comes to lip products in my eyes. Apocalips are glossy, opaque tubes of drugstore good-ness. Because of the intense colour pay-off things can get messy so keep a cotton bud to hand. To make this last longer, apply once then blot and repeat. I love the wide range of colours and textures these are available in.
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet £8.99
A more creamier, lighter version of Rimmel's take on liquid lipstick. These apply smoothly because of the velvet finish but once dried down they leave a matte stain. The powdery finish doesn't budge at all making this the perfect 'winter date' lipstick as you don't need to worry about touching up and can concentrate fully on that gentleman's beard.
L'oreal Color Riche L'Extraordinaire £8.99
Unlike the usual wax-based lip products this gloss is made using micro-oils infused with pigment. This blend creates incredible shine and softness in just one swipe. It has the intense colour pay-off of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the softness of a balm. I love how smoothly this applies without feeling sticky or heavy. Because of it's super shiny finish you do have to reapply after eating or drinking. Great for those who aren't a fan of mattes.

Are you a liquid lipstick lover?

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the Loreal and Rimmel liquid lipsticks!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Bourjois Rouge Editions. The shades look gorgeous and the formula sounds lovely! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel Apocalips! I only have one shade and I'm definitely going to get more once I get to the store :)x

    My life as Anu | MAC Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these... You've made me want to go and check out the Bourjois one though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Rimmel's Apocolips, they are so long lasting!

    Em

    Em's Mixed Bag.....

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig