1 December 2014

Everyday Eye Makeup

When it comes to eye makeup, I definitely have a signature look. After watching 100's of makeup tutorials and testing tones of different products I have now found a selection of makeup items that work for me and can get me ready in 5 minutes.

Firstly I start off by applying foundation to my eyelids. I don't use an eye shadow primer as I find this helps product stay on longer and go on better. I tend to stick to eye shadow shades that echo those naturally found on lids. To neutralise my peepers I'll wash a light shade all over using my fingers. I like the Lola Satin Eye Shadow '019' as it has a subtle hint of shimmer. Next I'll take a matte taupe colour and apply it to my crease. I make sure this is blended out with the Liz Earle Eye colour* brush to keep it looking natural. Recently I've been using the Make Up Gallery Colour Story Shadow in 'Cappuccino'* as it has great colour pay-off and only costs a £1! Now the eye shadow is done it's time to whip out the liner. As fellow winged-liner gals will know, this process can take anything from 30 seconds to 10 minutes to perfect - depending if the makeup gods are on your side that day. My holy grail eye liner is the Seventeen Tattoo Me Semi Permanent Liner. Once set, this does not budge for anything or anyone. After the hardest part of the look is done I'll finish off with a layer of mascara. My current go-to mascara is the Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume. I love drugstore mascaras (see my top 3 here) and this is brilliant. I find this great for curling and adding length to my lashes for that 'woah are you wearing false eye lashes?' look. My final step is brows. I don't like to mess with my brows too much but as the hairs are quite long I need something to keep them in place. I've been using the Maybelline Brow Sculpting Mascara which is a tinted gel that helps to set your brows. The weird brush took a little getting used to but now it's grown on me.

That's my everyday eye makeup routine and all the products I reach for. What is your daily eye makeup look? 

2 comments:

  1. i love this graphic! I'm like you, I adore fancy eye shadow tutorials, but I almost never use them on myself LOL -- there's just no time in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! I don't tend to wear eyemakeup because it takes too long for me in the morning. I just stick to liner lol
    Liz
    50shadesoflizxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig