4 December 2014

Make Up Gallery - New To Poundland

makeup gallery reviewsmakeup gallery poundland
Would you believe me if I told you each item of makeup pictured above costs £1? Well, it does. Make up Gallery is a new beauty brand available from Poundland. They have a whole array of products from lip liners, nail polishes, bronzers, eye shadow and much more. I've been testing out some products from the new collection to see whether these budget beauty buys are actually any good.

The first item I was intrigued to try out was the Pro Liquid Liner. I'm hooked between Eyeko Skinny Liner and Seventeen Tattoo Me but wanted to see if this bargain-buy could give them a run for their money. The thin brush allowed for precise application and it didn't smudge like I was expecting. I'm really impressed with this, the quality matches that of its most esteemed counterparts. A product I was slightly nervous to try was the Gorgeous Flawless Long Lasting Foundation. Now, I'm no makeup snob but I was a little dubious to try a £1 foundation. This doesn't feel cakey, offers medium coverage and creates a silky veil. Next up was the Smoothly Does It Pressed Powder. Whilst I don't think you have to spend a fortune on powder I found this to be a bit chalky and didn't do much. I also tested the Good To Glow Matte Bronzer. I was pleasantly pleased to find they did a matte version as it can be difficult to come across these on the highstreet. I tested the shade 'Matte Medium 2' which was slightly too orange for my liking but I'd be happy to use the lighter shade if it wasn't as dark. Another pressed powder came in the form of the Feeling Blush Blusher. The super soft formula contains Vitamin E and has good colour pay-off, not a bad product.

A product I wasn't as keen on was the Hide & Chic Concealer. It's a lipstick style concealer that seemed to drag my skin when applying it under my eyes. It wasn't very hydrating either but may be ok for minor blemishes. Alternatively, I loved the All About The Pout Lipstick - the formula is moisturising, it glides on smoothly and comes in a whole host of shades. I also tried the Lengthening Mascara which I found it to be pretty average but for £1 I wasn't expecting too much. I adored the single eye shadows, they have a almost creamy texture and satin finish to them. I'd definitely picked up some more colours. The pencil liners aren't bad too, not hard like other budget brands. I have a feeling they make irritate sensitive eyes however.

The affordable range is perfect for trying out new colours on a budget. Some of the products are a bit hit and miss but my favourites from the range are photographed in the second picture. I'd definitely recommend checking out Make Up Gallery at your local Poundland.

Would you try make up that only costs £1?

*pr samples 

5 comments:

  1. I saw these a few weeks ago and was intrigued but I wasn't sure they'd be any good! May check out a few bits now :) xx

    www.ohhellomango.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this stand in my local Poundland & was wondering on the quality. Im so pleased I stumbled upon your review. The liner sounds fab. I think Im going to pop in & grab a few bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done a post on these too! I love the lipstick and the blusher! xx

    http://penniesforapound.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an adertisement for this, and was wondering if was any good. Sounds great if you're skint but need something to keep going until pay day :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great bargain! xX

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig