My aim is to have mermaid-esque hair on Christmas Day and I've been playing with the Babyliss Salon Soft Waves from their Boutique range to achieve the perfect look. The chunky barrel helps to create loose bed-head waves a la Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. I found that the barrel is extremely long (34mm) - great for long haired ladies. Whether you're corralled at home with family all day or you're off out for Christmas dinner, this look is my favourite way to get effortless, goddess-like curls. This only takes me around 15 minutes to complete - more time to play with presents and indulge in some festive telly.
1. Separate your hair into two sections. Starting from the back, take an inch section of hair and curl away from your face. Try to keep the curler horizontal and don't overlap hair.
2. Hold in place for 10-15 seconds and as you release the hair hold the curl in your palm for 10 seconds to cool slightly. This will help the waves last longer.
3. Continue this technique all over making sure you curl away from your face.
4. Now you have a head full of curls, spray a texturizing spray onto roots to add volume.I used Bouffe Colourless Spray and massaged the product into my hair.
5. If you wanted tight curls you could leave your hair like this. Spray with hairspray and you're ready to go!
6. I wanted to create soft, luxurious waves for this look so I gently brushed out the curls and sprayed lightly with hairspray.