10 December 2014

Winter Skincare Favourites

It's a no-brainer that winter weather plays havoc with our skin. As we welcome mulled wine and mince pies we also say hello to dry, dull skin. If like me, your goal is to avoid the sallow winter complexion that affects so many of us - sit close and listen up.

1. To combat dry skin I like to swap my regular moisturiser for an oil. I'm currently rotating between Bio Oil and Trilogy Rosehip Oil. I apply 2-3 drops in my palm and warm up before applying all over my face and neck. Oils help you achieve a subtle glow and repair dryness.
2. If you're not a fan of oil but still want to encourage moisture opt for a hydrating serum to use in conjunction with your moisturiser. This skincare technique will really offer an extra boost of much-need hydration. The Avene  Optimale Soothing Hydrating Serum is a firm favourite of mine. The serum contains glycerin which improves the skins hydration, suppleness and comfort. I love the way this leaves my skin feeling silky soft and prepped for makeup.
3. Using an alcohol-free toner in the winter is important as it avoids drying out your skin further. Although not a necessary skincare step, it may help if your skin feels tight after cleansing. Using something like the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist will restore and hydrate your winter complexion. This refreshing mist soothes and refreshes skin - exactly what I need on a cold December morning.
4. Exfoliation in the winter is an important step. To remove dry, flaky skin cells you should use an exfoliator 2-3 times a week. I enjoy using the Botanics All Bright Face Scrub which is enriched with brightening hibiscus to leave skin brighter and smoother.

What are your winter skincare tips? 

4 comments:

  1. I love using La Roche Posay Effaclar K and Hyséac Restructurant because it's currently the best for my skin but I also use vegetable oils which is the best for skins x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using my Mario Badescu facial spray right over my moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin is so dehydrated this time of the year that it needs all the help. I had the Avene serum and it was really lovely, your post made me want to buy it again:) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like mixing a few drops of face oil in with my normal moisturiser when my skin needs more of a boost, but I don't want to use the oil separately xx

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig