1 January 2015

Detox Your Beauty Bits

Detoxing yourself is kinda the done-thing for January. Many of us are busy cleansing our body/skin/souls from overindulging but enough is enough I say. Spare a thought for your trustworthy, loving beauty stash. You've been through a lot together and it's probably looking a little worse for wear. Time to detox your beauty bits - a makeup spring clean if you will.

-  Firstly, chuck away any old makeup. Have you used it in the last 6 weeks? Has it gone off? Does it smell funny? You're going to have to be brutal but trust me it'll be worth it.
- Now that has hopefully streamlined your makeup products it's time to give them a good clean. I find face wipes are best for removing makeup off products. Clean all your makeup brushes whilst you're at it too. You can't beat the feeling of freshly washed brushes.
- Organize your stash into sections. I like to go with bases, mascaras, eye liners, lip products and miscellaneous.
- If you have some products you don't use any more but are still usable, give them away to friends or family.
- If you have a lot of makeup items it's good to rotate them weekly so they all get used.
- To stop your stash getting out of hand go on a makeup diet. Don't buy anything new until you've used something up.

Will you be detoxing your beauty bits?

4 comments:

  1. I'm awful at throwing makeup away, I want to keep everything!

    Happy new year! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, definitely giving my make-up collection a clear out when I return back to uni. I only have my absolute essentials with me!

    Chloe / Lifestyle Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something like this last week! It wasn't quite as brutal, but I rooted through all the cupboards in the bathroom and reassessed whether or not I was going to use everything. I have a lot of high-quality palettes now, so I chucked out all of the super old, super crappy stuff that I'd held onto. I chucked out anything that was past its use-by date. Unused hair care products and excessive bottles of conditioner went into the bin. I share the bathroom with my brothers, and they know there's stuff of mine they can't touch, such as bottles of shampoo that cost $30+ -- but such shampoos haven't done much for me, so I've told them they can use it too.

    It was quite empowering, and a lot of fun!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kia its Rosalie, i apologise i havnt been viewing your blog for a long time ive been having a hard time recently. I will be around more now hopefully! I havnt been doing my new blog much either and will do more soon but its:cutenesswithrosalie.blogspot.com if u wanted to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig