16 January 2015

Essence £10 Makeup Challenge

There is no denying I love a beauty bargain. When Essence asked me to take part in a £10 makeup look challenge I jumped at the chance to get involved. Essence came to the UK last year and is sold exclusively in Wilkinson stores nationwide. After being sent a bag of makeup goodies to test out here are the ones which made the final cut.

This is my first encounter with the brand. The packaging is very young and cheerful and despite most items costing less than £3 I found the quality to be quite good. The favourites from me are the eyeliners (99p) and cream highligher (£2.79). Both products apply effortlessly and last well. You would easily be able to find a whole new makeup look for under £10, here are my picks...

Essence All Eyes On Me Mascara £1.59
I'm very fussy when it comes to mascara. This basic bristle brush coats lashes enough to give them some extra length but don't expect too much. The formula dries quickly and there wasn't any flakiness - bonus!
Soo Glow! Cream to Powder Highlighter £2.79
I'm all about dewy, glowing skin at this time of year and I'm reaching for this cream highlighter daily. With my finger tips I blend the creamy formula onto the tops of my cheekbones for a subtle shimmer. Perfect for adding life to dull, winter skin.
Kajal Eyeliner 99p
To add definition to the eyes I've been applying this kohl liner along my upper lashes. The pencil is surprisingly soft for a budget brand and glides on smoothly.
XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss £2.29
I'm a big fan of these matte finish glosses so I was thrilled to see Essence launch a cheaper alternative. The creamy lip product is super easy to use and long lasting too.
Soo Blush! Cream to Powder £2.79
I usually opt for cream blusher during the spring and this is a lovely product. The pinky colour looks extremely naturally and the cream to powder formulas makes this easy to apply. Great if you're new to using cream blusher.

I'd recommend checking out the Essence stand next time you pop to Wilkinsons. They also have a great range of lipsticks and nail colours which I'll be eyeing up on my next visit! 

3 comments:

  1. I did this challenge too, it was fun! I love essence products x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really up for trying their cream blusher :) I only have lip liners and eyeliners from Essence but love them! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kia, your should try out the nail product! They have a great selection for bargain prices! I recently started my own beauty-related blog and your post about blogging has helped me to push through, I’d love for you to come check it out! x, Josune, Your Beauty Script
    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig