14 February 2015

5 Ways To Wear Red Lips

different ways to wear red lips
Red lipstick is basically Jesus in a tube but many women tend to fear it's magical powers. Red can be powerful, strong, sexy, bold, feminine and iconic. I believe every women can rock red, it's just finding a product/shade which you feel confident enough to wear. Here are just 5 ways you can wear red lips.

Lip Liner
Liner is having a bit of a moment right now. Celebrities adore it - I adore it. If you're not happy with your lip shape or want to achieve a Kylie Jenner-esque pout, it's an essential item. I sometimes like to use it as lipstick and fill my entire lips. A few favourite brands include No7, Rimmel and Max Factor.
Lip Gloss
Scared of red? Try a red gloss instead. The look isn't as bold as wearing a lipstick yet still looks sexy and brightens up your complexion. Keep in your handbag for touch-ups throughout the day. You don't have to spend a lot to get a good gloss, I recommend Bourjois and Maybelliene for non-sticky, creamy formulas.
Lip Balm
Choose from traditional tinted lip balms like Chapstick and Vaseline or good for something with a bit more ompft like the Revlon ColourBurt balms. These crayon style sticks are perfect for lipstick newbies. They're a fail safe option if you're not good at applying lipstick or don't have time to re-apply during the day.
Matte Glosses
Those not a fan of shiny glosses can go for matte finish instead. I don't like the stickiness you can get with some glosses but this isn't the case with these matte options. The silky formulas are super long-lasting and surprisingly hydrating. I love the Bourjois Velvet Rouge Editions and COLLECTION Creme Puffs.

What are your thoughts on red lips? Will you be testing out one of these ways?

4 comments:

  1. I wear a red lip pretty much everyday, so I can't believe I haven't picked a couple up from the L'Oreal red collection!

    Catherine, xo || Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent advice! I never can get the right shade of red! But will be trying these soon :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I wear red lipsticks and to me it's very feminine and my favourite one is from the L'Oréal red collection x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love reading your blog and have been reading it for a really long time - ever since your blog was in a shout magazine article! So i've added a link to your blog on my blogroll! Take a look, perhaps you could add me to yours? xxx
    www.jellybeanbeauty-28.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig