27 February 2015

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin

We are set to see an influx of matt finish foundations launching this Spring/Summer. We've already seen the latest offering from Nars in the form of the All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and now the highstreet are on-board with the L'oreal Infalible Pro-Matte. I'm currently testing out the newest base from Elizabeth Arden and here's how I got on.

The Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24 Hour foundation is all about creating that soft matte finish which will withstand external factors such as heat, humidity and moisture. What I find most interesting is that the base has 'time release technology' which means the foundation works to detect the level of sebum in your skin and it helps to control the amount of excess oils produced in your skin throughout the day. Elizabeth Arden say the foundation offers medium to full coverage and will last 24 hours.

I found this to never look cakey or heavy, just flawless. I don't feel the need to set it with a powder as the matte finish is enough and sits well on my skin. Not quite 24 hours, around 10 hours before it started to fade and cling to dry patches on my cheeks. If you suffer from dry skin I wouldn't really recommend this, however oily skin gals this is the one for you! You can see what the foundation looks like on me in this photo here. I've tried a few different ways to apply this and my favourite way is with a buffing brush.

It comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle with an easy-to-use gold pump that delivers the right amount for full coverage for the whole face. I've been using the second lightest shade - 'Cream Nude 02' which is slightly too dark for me but will be ok in the summer months. There are 10 shades available in the range and I would advise going instore to get colour matched.

If you have oily/combination skin and are on the look out for a matte foundation I would suggest checking this out. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24 Hour Foundation* £29.00 30ml available here


1 comment:

  1. The packaging on Elizabeth Arden always looks so chic... is that a weird thing to say? I don't know but it seems a nice product and looks gorgeous on you! AutumnWillow@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig