17 February 2015

EyeCANDY Gel Wrap System | Review

eyecandy gel wrap system review
Chipped nails are a bit of a pet peeve of mine and something I'm yet to successfully conquer. I was intrigued by EyeCANDY's innovative gel wrap system which claims to work like a gel varnish without the need for a UV light.

The three step system is super easy to follow. Simply paint nails with the base coat, follow with a colour of your choice and finish by sealing in with the top coat. I tested out the product on two occasions because I wanted to get a fair review of it. On the first attempt my nails remained chip free for 5 days. By the 7th day some nails were completely fine whilst a couple had started to chip. On my second go my nail varnish only lasted 3 days without flaking off. Although I was impressed with the professional high shine this duo offers, I'm a little disappointed with the results. For something which claims to extend wear for up to 14 days I was hoping for more.

I love the idea of this but I'm not yet convinced it works that well. I'll use this a few more times to see if my opinion alters.

EyeCANDY Gel Wrap System* £10.99 from Tesco, Boots and Amazon. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any gel system - it sounds disappointing :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 -7 days would normally be quite good, but I'd want more than that if it promised 14 days worth of wear! It's a good idea, so it's a shame it didn't quite work xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig