8 February 2015

My Thoughts on Natural Cosmetics

inika cosmetics review

Inika cosmetics is all about natural products using the highest quality and safest ingredients. Their mission is to bring natural and organic makeup to women all over the world. I've always been a little dubious to try mineral makeup. The fact that my skin has the tendency to get quite dry put me off trying it and I (wrongly) assumed natural products wouldn't have the same quality. Here's how I got on testing out some bits from Inika...

Mineral Foundation Powder SPF15 8g £27.50
This mineral foundation is seamless to apply. Inika recommend blending in with a kabuki brush which I don't own but a regular powder brush did the job fine. The weightless mineral powder delicately washes the skin with a light coverage which can be gradually built up. You can keep the finish sheer and I like to apply extra around blemishes to reduce redness.The smooth texture helps to even out skin tone and doesn't feel cakey or drying. The result is natural looking, healthy skin. The foundation is free from nasty chemicals and contains SPF 15. I have the shade 'Unity' which is the perfect match for my light skin.
Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow 1.2g £14.50
I was overwhelmed at the impressive pigmentation this offers. The intense, rich colour only requires a small amount and glides on effortlessly. The shade pictured above is 'Burnt Sienna', the colour is between whisky and copper. It has a subtle shimmer and the shade looks dreamy, almost magical on blue eyes. The powder texture is surprisingly creamy making it blend in beautifully.
Mineral Blusher Puff Pot 3g £17.00
This is the ultimate blush colour for me. 'Rosy Glow' has a hint of gold mixed in with the pink rose colour guaranteed to give you a natural, healthy glow. The puff applicator doesn't allow enough coverage for my liking so I've removed it and use it as a loose powder instead. Nonetheless, I absolutely adore this luscious shade which has become an everyday staple for me.
Organic Creme Eyeshadow £18.00
A light, silky creme eyeshadow which offers a subtle wash of colour on lids. Not only does this make a great base for eyeshadow you can also wear it alone to create an illuminated look that highlights your eyes. Because this isn't the cheapest product, I'd opt for a shade you'd really be able to notice such as 'Cappuccino' as the shade I have, 'Champagne' is very pale.

Inika has well and truly converted me to mineral makeup. Despite the natural & organic ingredients, this hasn't affected the product quality. If you are looking to try eco-friendly cosmetics and don't mind paying a little extra I'd highly recommend Inika. You can browse their website here.  

What are your thoughts on mineral makeup?

2 comments:

  1. That blush sounds gorgeous! I've never tried mineral makeup either because I have dry skin too.. maybe I should give them a go since you got on well with them x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mineral makeup because it doesn't contain talc, which breaks me out. I bought some mini samples of two Inika blusher shades but I can't remember why I never bought a full size one after xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig