11 March 2015

Mother's Day Candle Selection

I can't believe how quickly Mother's Day has come around this year. Soon it will be Christmas again! (yeah, maybe not) Usually for Mothering Sunday I'll gift my Mum her favourite chocolates or a beauty product she has been lusting after but this year I wanted to celebrate my appreciation for her with a candle. Candles can be a bit of a marmite product but for me, and my mum, we are obsessed. We have candles filling every surface in the house. They are a little jar of opulence and can transform your mood. There is nothing quite like a beautifully scented candle to add ambiance to a room. I have three candles for three different types of Mums...

For the Mum who likes a pamper -
Temple Spa 'Light My Fire'* £25.00 (LINK)
I don't think you can get a more up-lifting candle. The absence of any floral fragrance makes this fresh,  green-y scent perfect for a candlelit bathroom. Notes of clary sage, grapefruit, ginger, orange and peppermint makes this candle a little herb-y and sightly fruity. It's the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing pamper evening; something I'm sure most Mums would love to indulge in. The candle is made from 100% sustainable & renewable soya wax and comes beautifully packaged.
For the Mum who enjoys a drink
Cocktail Cosmopolitan £9.99 (LINK)
If your Mum is one for cocktails she will love this quirky candle. The orange and cranberry scent is basically a Cosmopolitan in wax form. The hint of spiciness adds to this chic candle and gives it a delicious aroma. It is made from 100% vegetable wax and has a burning time of 30 hours. 
For the Mum who loves to travel -
Ted Baker Residence in Miami £28.00* (LINK)
The Residence collection of candles is inspired by Ted's favourite cities. Each fragrance tells a different story and is designed to take you on a unique journey across the world. I have been experiencing 'Miami' which is infused with sweet Star Apple and Passion Fruit. The juicy cocktail combination creates the ultimate girly scent which makes me yearn for sunny Florida. The range also features 'London', 'Sydney' and 'New York'. Each candle comes housed in a stunning white, ceramic jar which oozes quality and leaves me a little doe-eyed.

Which candle do you think suits your mum best? What are your plans for Mother's Day? 

3 comments:

  1. They sound gorgeous - the Ted Baker candles look so pretty x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to by a Diptique candle and burn it for my mommy who passed away last year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful way to remember your mum by x

      Delete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig