13 July 2015

Fading Blemish Scars


Those pesky blemish scars that are left behind are almost worst then the spots themselves. I suffer from blemish scars quite badly, especially around the chin area. They will stick around for months after the spot has gone so I'm constantly having to conceal them. I have spent the last few months testing my way through products aimed at banishing scars and tackling post-breakout issues. Here are a few products I've been trying and my thoughts on the results.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+
Every blogger and their mum has reviewed this but I wanted to share my experience of it. I like to apply this not all over, but just to the areas that need it. The lightweight gel texture absorbs really quickly and a little bit goes a long way. Used religiously this stuff works wonders. I've been concentrating this on my scars and after a months use I have noticed the redness on my chin has reduced greatly, although not completely gone it is a lot fainter. This also helps prevent future blemishes from scaring.
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum*
I usually get on well with Vichy skincare and the latest product on trial didn't disappoint. This super hydrating serum is like an injection of moisture for skin. It's really lightweight and fluid - my skin instantly drinks it up and looks all the better for it. Another great way to combat scarring is to ensure skin is hydrated and I'm yet to find a product that does a better job than this.
La Roche Posay Anthelios XL*
One thing I've found to improve my blemish scars greatly is to wear a high SPF. If you suffer from blemish prone skin not doubt you'll know that SPF can cause spots, especially if not removed properly. However this one from LRP is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and fragrance-free so perfect for sensitive or blemish-prone skin. This allows your scars to heal without incurring further damage.
Remescar Stick*
This is a solid silicone stick which you apply 2-3 times a day reduce the appearance of old and new scars. The stick is very small but you hardly have to use any. It is white in colour but looks very discreet and can be worn under makeup. I've been using this for two months now and have noticed it helps heal my scars, although they haven't gone completely I'll continue to use this in the hope it will fade them further.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil
I'm a huge fan of facial oils and this one from Trilogy has to be in my top 3 favourites. Rosehip Oil is a natural scar-healer and often used in hospitals. I'll apply this all over in the evening to calm and soothe my skin. In the morning my complexion has a subtle glow and looks plumped up.

I'd love to know what products you use to fade blemish scars, and if you have any questions - ask away! 


Further reading: Say Bye Bye to 'Bacne'

4 comments:

  1. The Vichy serum is a wonderful product. I have combo skin and it really helps to take the tight feeling away and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Vichy serum too and also use the rich day cream too. For blemishes I really love the Nip + Fab glycolic toner pads and the overnight serum and feel that these have helped to fade my 'hang on for ages' blemish marks much quicker than without using them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Pai Rosehip Oil and always wear SPF. Regular exfoliation helps reduce scarring too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely get better with using SPF after reading this! I really find the LRP Effaclar Duo+ makes a difference and I love the Vichy serum too :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig