24 August 2015
The 72 Hour Pamper
- Begin by detoxing skin with a double cleanse. I like to use a makeup removing cleanser first following by something with skin-loving ingredients. My current combo is the No7 Gel Cleanser and the SK:N Exfoliating Cleanser.
- Follow this up with an indulgent face mask suited to your main skin concern. With a house move and starting a new job, this month has been a bit stressful and my skin has suffered. I'm reaching for the Temple Spa BeCalm* Soothing mask. This beautiful mask has a thick, creamy formula which helps to smooth, firm and calm sensitive skin. It's seriously hydrating and gives skin a dewy glow. Ingredients such as cucumber, liquorice and basil add to its repairing properties.
- Finish you DIY facial with a refreshing spritze of toner. A few firm favourites of mine are Serozinc, Avene and Jurlique.
- Allow your nails to breathe by going polish-free. Apply a nourishing cuticle oil such as the Nail Apothecary Cuticle Elixir*. This cute little bottle contains Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil which helps to moisterize and soothe damaged cuticles.
-Start of the day with a de-fuzz. I prefer pain-free methods such as hair removal cream. I opt for products suitable for sensitive skin like the Veet Natural Inspirations Hair Removal Cream*. This is suitable for legs and body and is specially formulated with Grape Seed Oil which is known for its softening properties. You simply smooth is on, wait 10 minutes and remove with the spatula provide. Such a quick and easy way to remove unwanted hair!
- Give hair a break from heat styling and treat your locks to a hair mask. I'm a huge fan of the L'oreal masks which come in an array of variants. You can leave this on for as long as you want, sometimes I'll keep in on overnight and rinse it out in the morning.
- Long term readers of MMU will know such how much I love a good body scrub. I personally don't think you can beat Soap & Glory. The scent, formula, price - the holy grail of body scrubs.
- It's always best to follow a body scrub with a hydrating body lotion. Lightweight formulas soak in quicker and don't leave skin feeling tacky. Right now I'm using the &OtherStories Body Souffle.
- Fool your family/friends into thinking you've had a weekend away with a little self tanning. Because of the body prepping you did yesterday your tan will look natural and streak free. My favourite fake tan has to be Cocoa Brown, I've expressed my love enough for it on here so won't go on.
- Don't forget to give your mouth a little TLC. At home teeth whitening kits are a great way to brighten your smile without a trip to the dentist. Results aren't going to be dramatic and will fade without continual use. The iWhite2 Instant Teeth Whitening Kit* promises results after just one use.I like how easy the disposable trays are to use. After one 20 minute session I can notice my teeth are slightly whiter, just don't expect drastic results.
- Before heading back to work, enjoy an indulgent shower with a luxurious shower gel. When it comes to indulgent bathing Roger & Gallet never let me down. Their newest Bienfaits Shower Gel* is a concentrated blend of juicy blood orange, mandarin, bergamot and lemon creating the ultimate citrus experience. The thick gel works into a light foam that moisturises and soothes skin whilst stimulates the senses.
- After letting your nails breathe for a couple of days it's time to continue the pampering using a nail buffer. I adore the neon nail accessories from Tweezerman which are never going to get lost in your handbag. The Smooth, Shine & Buff Block is ideal for home manicures. Each side is gentle on nails and provides long lasting results.
- Finish off your bank holiday pamper with a swipe of the Nail Apothecary 24k Gold Ridge Filler Treatment* on each nail. The Omega 3, Keratin Amino Acid and Lingonberry Seed Oil formula has gold flecks suspended in the treatment. This helps to protect nails from splitting and promotes healthy growth.
Let me know if you'll be taking part in a bank holiday pamper!