12 October 2015

To blog or not to blog?


If you're a reader of my blog or follow me on social media you may have notice things have been quite recently. It was a conscious decision to take a step back from blogging but I never addressed the matter because I didn't really know what to say.

I've been blogging for nearly five years now and lately I've not been enjoying it as much. You know when you get to that stage of not loving something anymore? Although I'm proud of my blog and the opportunities it has given me, I'm unsure of the what direction to take next. I'm struggling to create different, interesting posts. I don't just want to be another beauty blogger reviewing the same products everyone else is. But, at the same time I don't want to quit. Blogging is my escapism. Somewhere I can express my creativity and admiration for beauty. 

I still love reading blogs. It's my favourite thing to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Although you may not be hearing from me as frequently as you have in the past, I'm going to make an effort to make what I publish more suited towards what I'd want to read and not just what everyone else is doing.

If you're feeling the same way about your blog or another passion of yours just know it's ok to feel this way. People change, we grow and we want different things.

8 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, I've been blogging on and off for a few years. Passions change, but it's okay if you want to take a break or stop all together. Sometimes you just need a motivation to start again!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can relate, I don't feel as guilty! X

      Delete
  2. I am at the same point in my blogging life right now. I've done so much and gone so far, but I am having a hard time making myself just sit down and publish posts. I have dozens half finished posts. It's sad but at the same time I have no want to do it sometimes. Trying to get myself back into the swing of things.

    You are definitely not alone in this. I know the feeling my blog is 4 years old and just this year it's slacked, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of it is ourselves putting too much pressure on us. We must remember it's just a hobby and should always be enjoyable! X

      Delete
  3. I've not been blogging a year yet and I sometimes feel this way, like I'm struggling to produce unique content and something people will actually want to read. It's ok to take a step back and only write about things that really interest you. It's your space to do with what you like. I hope you find something you love to write about so we don't have to miss your posts! :)

    Chloe x
    Snug Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the key is to not take it too seriously. Thank you for your kind comment :)

      Delete
  4. I'm feeling exactly the same as you right now! I took a break as I was on holiday for two weeks, but I've been back about three weeks now and still haven't blogged. A mixture of losing my mojo/enthusiasm plus a lot of things going on in my personal life, which means I'm struggling to find the time to try and get back into it. I haven't been as active on social media either. I'm just going to see what happens and not make any rash decisions. xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling I used to blog as BowBentley and throughout my studies at Southampton Solent uni and but then was no longer motivated which I now regret and have started up a new blog this time with a much more clear focus http://littlevlogbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig